Thursday, December 1

IK Knits, Winter 2017


I had almost given up hope. And honestly, had pretty much decided in my mind that I wouldn't be renewing my subscription. Then the Winter 2017 issue arrived in my mailbox.

Can I just say....good to see you, old friend! It's been a long while since I've been this excited about an issue of Interweave Knits. A few years, in fact. But I feel like this issue harkens back to what made Knits such a great magazine, and such an influential force in the knitting community: classic knits. Classic knits that you actually want to knit and wear.

I'm not sure if it's the influence of new-ish editor Meghan Babin, or something else, but...yay!

I'm excited about almost all of the patterns in this issue, including the rarely seen men's sweaters. My husband loves wearing hand knits, and sweater patterns that he likes are hard to come by. There are several great choices in this issue.

Belfast Cardigan, Solstice Capelet, & Tullamore Pullover.  Images from Interweave Knits.
The Belfast Cardigan by Irina Anikeeva is probably at the top of the list for Jimmy. It would make a great Saturday & weekend cardigan.

I'm in love with the Solstice Capelet by Monika Sirna...oh my goodness. And the Tullamore Pullover by Brandy Velten is calling my name. I'd love to knit it in my favorite olive, Picholine.

Here's hoping this is the first of many great issues for Knits. I'll be renewing my subscription, after all:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...