Wednesday, August 23

waiting for fall


This has been one of the mildest summers I can ever remember in Arkansas. June and even July were much milder than normal, and the first week of August was still below normal temperatures - mid to high 80's. 
Then it hit - the real summer temperatures, along with all the humidity. Sticky, buggy, muggy - you name it. That is how you usually describe summer in Arkansas. The fact that we had a very delayed start to the normal yucky weather means we "won" in my opinion.  Even if we have a month of typical August days, we still got to enjoy milder temps for a couple of months.

That said, I'm still ready - and longing - for fall. I love it. I love everything about it. Cooler temps, crisp autumn air, apples, sweaters, leaves, shawls....


Still on my needles in anticipation of fall shawl weather is the Hollows Shawl. It's grown a good bit, I'm in the middle of the second short-row section, and I love every stitch. Perfect evening knitting. 

I have a feeling this one will get a lot of use:)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share your love of all things fall, and I too am so beyond ready. Florida has had a summer so brutal I dare say it has been unkind. I am hoping that this fall it will redeem itself. I can hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen,
    I hope you get some cooler weather soon! We are actually getting some early fall weather this week, so it's really got my "fall mojo" cooking!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...